Online Smart City Matchmaking
15 - 17 June 2020, 10:00 - 17:00
In times of COVID-19, delivering resilience via smart city projects is crucial. The EIP-SCC Marketplace is thereby hosting an online matchmaking event from 15 June to 17 June 2020. You can register here.
Why you may join:
- Are you looking to make investments in the areas of mobility & transport, ICT or energy?
- Is your city ready to redevelop certain areas?
If you are a policy maker or a city/regional representative this event will provide you with inspiration on smart city solutions and a chance to meet investors and service providers. You can also exchange knowledge with experts to shape your project ideas.
Taking place online between June 15 and June 17, 2020 the matchmaking event – promoted by the European Commission under the EIP-SCC Marketplace initiative – brings together city/regional representatives, businesses and investors. It focuses on exploring and shaping opportunities for stakeholders involved in smart city projects.
This is the second event in a series of matchmaking activities, and the first to be delivered fully online. Each day will cover one specific topic (June 15: Energy day; June 16: Mobility & Transport day; and June 17: ICT day) to assist in the development of innovative urban ideas and bring together urban innovators, developers, as well as investors and private equity.
Why should you join?
This event fosters the much-needed collaboration between city/regional representatives, policy makers, as well as business representatives and investors considering COVID-19. This is a unique occasion to network and explore investment opportunities with key smart city decision-makers, such as local authorities, research institutions, as well as leading smart cities and infrastructure investors during this challenging time period.
What can you expect?
You can learn about existing smart city best practices in the areas of mobility & transport, ICT and energy in our Explore Zone during livestreams by best practice smart city projects. Experts will assist you in shaping the concept of your planned smart city project or planned investments in a round-table virtual peer assist format during our Shape discussions. Finally, you can engage in 1:1 virtual meetings between solution providers and the investment community during our focused Deal matchmaking sessions on Smart Cities and Communities (pre-registration required).
The event stretches over three consecutive days, each having a different focus. The first day will put Energy at the heart of the discussion (detailed agenda can be found here)
The second day will feature smart CIVITAS and city projects that address mobility & transport (detailed agenda can be found here). And our last day will be centred around ICT-related aspects of Smart Cities (detailed agenda can be found here).
How does it work?
The event consists of a mix of online sessions:
- Introduction and debrief sessions each day at the start and at the end. These are meant to give an overview of the things happening at the event.
- Daily panel discussions focussing on the main topic of each event day: Energy, Mobility & Transport, ICT.
- Webinars that explore best practices in Smart City Projects across Europe.
- Expert peer assist workshops (by invitation only) to shape your project proposals and make them bankable.
- 1:1 networking meetings allowing you to meet-up with fellow participants and set up collaborations on your smart city endeavours.
- 1:1 deal meetings: these are by invitation only, and allow those with mature smart city project proposals to discuss these with investors from the Smart City Marketplace Investor Network.